Friday, May 16, 2014

Thermo


In January I crossed to the other side and joined the cult of the thermomix.

I'd hesitated for a long time.  Spending money doesn't usually hold me back, but the price hit a sweet spot which found some never seen before spending hesitation.

I've got a kichenaid, I've got a magimix, a bamix, a slowcooker.  What would a thermomix do that I couldn't already.

I went to two demos. I went to another night involving thermo cooking.  Then somehow I became convinced.

And I love it.

The weekend it arrived I cooked so much my back ached and my legs cramped. That was a great way to go - by the end of the weekend I was confident I knew how to drive the machine and I haven't looked back.

Why do I love it.  The precision - cooking by measurement using the inbuilt scales leads to much better results.

Also, it's so neat.  I'm a messy cook. But the whole one bowl thing means I have to clean as I go (a bit). 

It's quick, magic for midweek meals.

It encourages you to use fresh ingredients, more herbs and we are certainly buying a lot less.  Probably paid for the machine in the amount I have saved on dips.

But most of all, I've mastered yeast cookery by using the thermomix

In another post I'll take you through what I have cooked. 

No comments:

Post a Comment